Children & Youth Funding Report is a news service (or newsletter) produced in Silver Spring, MD by CD Publications. It reports on public and private sources of funding for programs focused on high-risk, low income and underserved youth and children.
CD Publications began publishing housing-related newsletters
in 1961, starting with Housing Affairs Letter
. The company branched out into senior affairs with Aging News Alert
in 1984, and into grant-seeking with Federal Assistance Monitor
in 1986. Children & Youth Funding Report
was added in 1992.
In Fall 2006, the company acquired Child Protection Report from Eli Research. Following an attempt to promote CPR on its own, it was folded into CYF. Family Services Funding Report, which also once was a freestanding newsletter, now is part of CYF as well.
posts announcements of federal, foundation and private grants for child welfare, juvenile justice, education, health care and other related areas. It covers legislation, government policy, local programs, proposal-writing, and federal departments/agencies related to child services.
In 2007, CYF
was changed to a web-based format and, along with CD Publications' other funding news services, was moved onto the web portal GrantsandFunding.net
- "Elected Officials Can Be Grant-Winning Resources for Your Organization" [From Children and Youth Funding Report, February 2, 2000]. (2000-06-05). Copyright 2000 CD Publications. Found online in A Fund Raiser's Newsyletter - June 2000 at "www.jointogether.org (http://www.jointogether.org/news/funding/trends/a-fundraisers-newsyletter-6-5-2000.html)".
- "A Grantseeker's Resource Guide To Obtaining Federal, Corporate and Foundation Grants: Publications: Federal Funding Resources." (1999-06-17). Found online at "Texas Education Agency (http://www.tea.state.tx.us/opge/grantdev/seekers/document4.html)."
- "Shelters Forfeit Federal Funds to Maintain Anonymity for Clients" [From Children and Youth Funding Report, April 28, 2005]. Copyright 2005 CD Publications. Found online in Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS) - Publications at "National Center on Domestic and Sexual Violence (http://www.ncdsv.org/images/SheltersForfeitFederalFundsMaintainAnonymity.pdf)".
- "Nonprofits Can Increase Federal Funding Chances Through Becoming Reviewers" [From Children and Youth Funding Report, May 19, 2004]. Found online at "Grantreview.net (http://grantreview.net/news.htm)."
- "Grant Opportunities: Websites that charge a Fee". Found online at "Maine.gov (http://www.state.me.us/cfc/HomePage/Grantpage&links/Websites_that_charge_a_fee.htm)."