This article presents a list of books in which an adult is portrayed as feeling or acting on a sexual attraction to a pre-pubescent child or an adult sexually abuses a minor child. The pedophilic attraction or sexual abuse may be central to the plot or incidental. The attraction or abuse may be to a single specific individual or to several children.
The list is divided into fiction and non-fiction. Within each alphanumeric division of the list the works are further divided according to the gender of the principal youthful object(s) of the sexual attraction or abuse.
This article lists books. There are equivalent lists of films, songs, and works for the theatre.
The list is almost completely limited to fiction and studies in the English language. Many books on this subject are also available in other languages, both literary and scientific. Most of them have their origin in European languages such as in French, German, Dutch, Scandinavian languages. Some are mentioned on the list when an English translation has been published and made available.
- Orphan boy Custis has been sexually abused from the age of about 10 to 12, but has escaped at the start of the novel.
- James Moore is first seduced at a 1950s prep school by a master, Mr Wolfe, at age 9. From age 13 to 15 he is abused by his English public school music teacher Dr Fox
- 14-year-old Wally Day has a sexual relationship with a man called Zandy
- After losing his high school teaching job over an accusation of sexual abuse, a writer assumes a false identity and starts a sexual relationship with another boy in France, 15-year-old Stéphane.
- 9-year-old Donny is attacked by a known child molester when out riding his bike.
- Jeremy becomes infatuated with Max, a 14-year-old at summer camp. Max confides in him that he has been molested by the camp director.
- A priest is accused of molesting a troubled boy.
- Salim, now 26, has been raping his 16-year-old brother Bilal since he was nine years old.
- The story of the abduction of 12-year-old Billy Neary by Barton Royal, a serial killer of pubescent boys. Royal violently abuses Billy throughout the novel, yet appears to sincerely believe that his victim could love him
- Judge Holden molests children, then kills them.
- Bom-Crioulo : the black man and the cabin boy by Adolfo Caminha
- A sailor falls in love with a beautiful white boy.
- 11-year-old Martin O’Boy and his friend Billy are molested by a church organist
- 12-year-old Josh is molested by his history teacher, Mrs. Sherman.
- Simon has a sexual encounter with an adult during summer school
- 8-year-old Jonathan Tierney is abducted by Lawrence Miller, a child molester acting for a child pornography movie-maker.
- Burn by Jennifer Natalya Fink
- A middle-aged communist widow has an affair with a 13-year-old boy
- 12 year old Mitsuko Souma is raped by three men who are paying her prostitute mother.
- Linda Weyland is wed to Joe Sikes, a character three times her age, and is pregnant by age fifteen.
- There are intimations that Laura Chase was molested by her tutor as a child.
- Cat Ferry is haunted by the abuse she had as a child from her grandfather William Kirkland.
- 11-year-old Pecola Breedlove is raped by her own father, Cholly, becoming pregnant with and later miscarrying his child.
- The series focuses on child abuse and child sexual abuse.
- An author researches an aristcratic paedophile who liked to photograph young boys.
- Tracy Parker has a love affair with Noah, a troubled 15-year-old student at a boys' prep school in upstate New York.
- Cameron Miller is aged 14. He has been sexually abused all his life by his father, a serial killer of more than 20 young boys.
- Edward is sexually attracted to his young nephew George
- A story of sorcery and boy love.
- 10-year-old Ayla is repeatedly raped, less than a week after coming out of menarche, by the leader's son and becomes pregnant, giving birth at 11-years-old.
- 16-year-old Alex rapes two 10-year-old girls.
- A skiing coach becomes sexually involved with a 14-year-old boy.
- Randall Flagg is revealed to have been sodomized at the age of fourteen after running away from home.
- The Deaf-Mute Boy by Joseph Geraci
- Maurice Burke, an archeology professor, is sexually attracted to Nidhal, a 13-year-old Tunisian boy
- A professor has a sexual attraction to two young boys.
- Adolescent Nathan is sexually abused by his drunken father and it is clear that his mother knows, but does nothing. Nathan has a sexual relationship with Roy, an older boy who lives next door
- A 33-year-old tutor Hollis goes off with Jed, a 14-year-old pupil.
- Aphias Zhe (Fee) is aged 12 when he and other boys are molested by the choir director Big Eric Gorendt at their school in Maine.
- 27-year-old Ekaterina has a sexual relationship with three 12-year-old boys - Kenny, Jason and then Travis Coe.
- Karl De Man, a 13-year-old pupil at an exclusive boys' school in 1970s South Africa falls in love with Dominic, a boy of his own age, whose parents know he is gay, and has a sexual relationship with his choirmaster, Jacques Cilliers.
- McMullen is molested in a cinema at the age of 8.
- A 19-year-old girl has a sexual relationship with a 12-year-old boy and describes what she is doing in correspondence with an imprisoned child molester.
- A 12-year-old princess is used to pervert a young priest.
- Mayu is sexually abused by her step-father.
- Abuse in the Catholic Church
- A lay provost from a religious sect sexually abuses adolescent boys.
- An English public school Headmaster is forced to resign when his sexual activity with one of the boys is discovered.
- Worsley describes his fascination with a series of beautiful boys.
- 12-year-old Jeroen has a sexual relationship with a Canadian soldier during World War II.
- 33-year-old Dennis, exposed to child pornography when aged 13, writes about a series of murders he claims to have committed; the murders may be real or be a fantasy.
- Œnone tells the story of 5-year-old Nymph and her seduction of the much older Maddock, who is on trial for molesting her.
- A defrocked priest molests and kills boys
- 12-year-old David has a sexual encounter with a young man.
- 11-year-old London orphan Alan Carey is put into a children's home near the end of the Second World War and is abused by Jacko, a sadistic member of staff
- Jessie was sexually abused by her father when she was aged ten.
- Felicity had been molested by her father when she was younger.
- Theo is put into care aged 13 and brutally treated and sexually abused by Mr. Gracie, his caseworker, who protects him from other physical abuse.
- 12-year-old Bobby Garfield is offered $3 for oral sex by a stranger
- The main plot concerns a lawsuit, filed by a group of orphans, alleging sexual abuse against Rae Schipke, executive director of the charitable foundation that supports their orphanage.
- 5-year-old Jeremiah is physically and sexually abused by his prostitute mother and raped by her trucker clients.
- A man murders a young boy's family and takes the child as a sex partner in extreme sadomasochism.
- A High School boy in Boston who has been sodomised by a group of older students develops a crush on Miles Bannon, a popular English teacher. Miles fails to discourage it and this triggers accusations of child molestation when the boy commits suicide. .
- A novelist recalls being sexually molested aged 7 in a movie house by a drifter called Stan.
- Ted Sacks fantasises in chatrooms about molesting boys, then abducts Alex.
- The Hustler by John Henry Mackay, published in German as Der Puppenjunge
- Boy prostitutes in Berlin
- Michel is sexually attracted to young Arab boys
- A boy's sexual adventures from age 7 to 14 with other children and adult men.
- The unnamed teenage narrator embarks on a psychosexual campaign to emotionally and sexually dominate a male schoolteacher twice her age.
- A minister tries to molest 11-year-old Josey Rose who has a sexual relationship with Lily, his adult cousin.
- Jamie is abused by a caretaker at the trailer park where he lives.
- A 28-year-old teacher is sexually attracted to a 14-year-old pupil.
- A man’s sexual relationship with a 12-year-old boy in an English psychiatric institute.
- 12-year-old Hassan is raped by Assef, then his son is sexually abused by Assef years later
- A Kind of Hush, an autobiographical novel by Richard Johnson, originally titled as Getting Even.
- A group of boys who have been been sexually abused begin killing child molesters and child pornographers
- Kite Music by Gary Shellhart
- Peter, an American exchange teacher, goes to Thailand and is sexually attracted to Wichai, a 12-year-old boy.
- Kitty returns after living in hiding for ten years to kill her abusive "dear ol' dad", who imprisoned her, after the age of 13, as his surrogate wife.
- Lamb by Bernard Mac Laverty
- Brother Sebastian (née Michael Lamb) befriends then abducts young Owen Kane from a reformatory. Michael does not molest the boy.
- 14-year-old treble Neil Pritchard sings for composer Euan Bone every afternoon. The relationship develops into one of mutual affection and physical intimacy, but Bone does not abuse the boy. Many years later, Neil discovers than Bone had sexually abused another young boy
- Dave Brewer becomes obsessed with 8-year-old Nathan.
- 11-year-old Blacky Brown is abused by his single mother's boyfriend.
- Livre d'Or des Textes Pédophiles: Des origines à nos jours by P. de Saintogne is an anthology of French literature with pedophile themes.
- Lord Dismiss Us by Michael Campbell
- Lost Boys by Orson Scott Card
- 8-year-old Stevie dreams of imaginary friends, whose names match a child molester and serial killer's victims
- Will and 10-year-old Sander become very close and have a sexual relationship
- Florentino Ariza, already over 80 years old, has an on-going affair with a 12-year-old girl.
- Mac is a 14-year-old schoolboy who is sexually assaulted by the school doctor during a routine examination.
- Justin McLeod, jailed for killing a boy in a road accident, spends many hours with the troubled 12-year-old Chuck Norstadt, leading to accusations of sexual abuse.
- 14-year-old Tyl, a boy in a concentration camp has a relationship with a senior Nazi officer.
- Richard 'Red' Rover mentors 12-year-old Jonathan. He falls in love with the boy and the their relationship becomes sexual.
- Autobiographical novel: Childish was sexually abused by a family friend when he was aged 9.
- Neil and Brian are molested by their Little League coach
- Dave is abducted by men posing as police as he is playing on the street with his friends Sean and Jimmy. He is returned home days later, after being molested. Years later, Jimmy's daughter is murdered, and he grows to suspect Dave.
- Grace is first raped by her father when she is aged 13
- The narrator decides to deflower a virgin, barely 14 years old, on the eve of his 90th birthday.
- A 13-year-old boy's sexual relationship with a 31-year-old man.
- 13-year-old Johnny Parish has a sexual relationship with Roy Davies.
- A mentally ill woman pretends to be a 13-year-old boy who has been a victim of sexual abuse in order to gain the friendship of a gay writer
- A beautiful 10-year-old prodigy attempts to seduce her piano teacher, then falsely accuses her of molestation
- 10-year-old Jeremy is sexually abused by George, his mother's live-in boyfriend.
- Nathanial, the 5-year-old son of a lawyer specialising in child sexual abuse is himself abused.
- A Physics teacher is sexually attracted to a pupil, a 14-year-old boy.
- Puts forward the theory that some of Shakespeare's sonnets were dedicated to a beautiful boy actor called Willie Hughes
- A priest with a history of abusing young boys is blackmailed.
- A short story of a tragic love of a priest for a 14-year-old acolyte.
- Abuse in the Catholic Church.
- A sub plot involving a pedophile abusing and killing his victims to prevent them from becoming like him. Another serial killer follows his footsteps and kills the chief detective of every case involving the pedophile's victims.
- Pemberton loves his 11-year-old pupil Morgan Moreen
- Reverend Shelby admits to abusing more than 300 boys
- Jonathan, an 11-year-old paper boy, moves with 25-year-old Fred and they live together in a sexual relationship for 5 years.
- A 13-year old boy is taken into care after sexual abuse and then accuses his psychologist of abusing him.
- A 13-year-old boy's story of how he confronts sexual abuse, AIDS, and finds a real family - published as a true story
- 10-year-old Edgar, an openly gay boy, has a sexual relationship with the school caretaker.
- A sexual relationship between a young man and a 12/13-year-old boy
- David Rogers, a 19-year-old student, falls in love with 13-year-old Antony Sandel and they have a sexual relationship.
- 'Sarah' is a 12-year-old boy dressed as a girl who is forced to be a prostitute.
- 9-year-old William Loveday is sexually abused by Norman, a family friend.
- After abusing a twelve-year-old boy, a child molester is subjected to abusive psychological experiments.
- 13-year-old Ruy is a boy actor playing female roles like Juliet and is portrayed as a willing participant in his sexual adventures.
- Three 13-year-old friends struggle with the revelation that one of them, an altar boy, is being sexually abused by a priest
- Four boys are sent to a juvenile detention center where they are physically and sexually abused by four of the guards
- 10-year-old Marnus is devastated when he discovers that his Dad is abusing his best friend Frikkie. He spies his Dad sodomising Frikkie in the spare bedroom in the family home.
- Gabriel starts to suspect that he is not like other boys during puberty, and enjoys a series of childhood sex games with Noel, a young male friend, and also his cousin Connor. Gabriel is later abused at school by a priest, Father Cornelius
- A future world of questionable morality where children ("Songbirds") are given drugs to delay puberty, then sold to wealthy patrons, some of whom abuse them sexually
- An adolescent boy is sent to live with a 35-year-old priest, who becomes his teacher and spiritual mentor, but also abuses him physically and sexually
- Two French schoolboys have an intense, nonsexual, relationship which is destroyed by Father Lauzon, who is also secretly in love with the younger boy, Alexander Motier
- Spur Piece from Derricks, 1951, a collection of short stories by James Barr (pseudonym of James Fugaté)
- A relationship, set in 1946, between Tom, recently discharged from the US Navy and 13-year-old Chris who works on the family farm. Tom suppresses his sexual feelings for four years.
- A gay housekeeper is suspected of molesting and kidnapping a 6-year-old boy
- StarDrifter, a powerful magician, is seduced by RiverStar, his 13-year-old granddaughter
- Mya's grandfather takes a special interest in her. By the age of ten, he is so tempted by her development that he builds her a cherished doll house, lures her to the basement, then rapes her.
- Meredith is raped by her father from when she was very young to age 12. He goes to jail, but gets out 3 years later. Now her father has his eyes on her again.
- Peter Moran, convicted of sexual offences against a young boy, attempts to molest 14-year-old Charles Mablethorpe.
- Jared is sexually abused by Julian Clay, the new curator of the local museum.
- Child molester Jerry Houseman is in love with 12-year-old Robbie and doesn't understand why the rest of the world can't accept that the boy loves him back.
- A husband and wife are found imprisoned and their young son, Rory, is missing.
- 12-year-old Moran is abused by Bob Doyle at his new boys’ camp. The sexual relationship lasts till Moran is 15.
- A modernized version of King Lear where Virginia and Rose recall being sexually abused by their father.
- The main character, Lynette, was raped by a friend of her father when she was a teenager
- Rowena, an eleven-year-old witch, assumes the appearance of an adult woman through magic. Not knowing her true nature, Quentin, a thirty-five-year-old virgin, falls in love with her, has intercourse with her, and marries her.
- Five-year-old Jack is sexually abused by the girls at school as well as by the teachers
- Uncle Vampire by Cynthia D. Grant
- Daniel was physically and sexually abused by his father from when he was an infant up to when he was a 5-year-old.
- Mr. Forster, a known homosexual, befriends 12-year-old Louis Lamb, and is falsely suspected of inappropriate behaviour towards the boy
- Rocket, a 14-year-old punk, turns tricks in Hollywood
- 13-year-old Jeff was kidnapped by Ray from a roadside rest stop, and spent two and a half years locked in a dark basement. He was physically and sexually abused.
- Serge is aged 8 when Jonathan starts a sexual relationship with him and this continues until Serge is 10.
- An English school teacher on vacation in Morocco is sexually attracted to the local boys.
- An ex-soldier is isolated with a precocious 11-year-old girl, The story tells of his struggle to resist sexual entanglement.
- the young female character is implied to have had sexual relations with her male foster carer
- Pedophile priests in the Catholic Church in California
- Madden is molested by a priest, Father Ivan Payne.
- 8-year-old Antwone Fisher is sexually abused by a female babysitter
- Irish Murderer who was believed to have been molested by a priest.
- Billy was sexually abused by his father as a child.
- The composer Benjamin Britten's relationships with young boys.
- The adolescent Ray was sent to live with John Warner, who sexually abused him.
- Maugham describes the night-time activities of pre-war Prep school masters
- Field Marshal Montgomery's platonic love for young men and boys including 12-year-old Lucien Trueb, with whom he corresponded for many years.
- Contains explicit poetry and epigrams on love for boys.
- Child sexual abuse in the Piarists Order founded by Joseph Calasanz
- Hoffman is abused by his coach when he is aged 10
- Youzou Ooba (Yozo), a boy about 10 ten years old, is sexually abused by a maid in his house. An autobiographical novel.
- The story of Mann's infatuation with a beautiful 11-year-old Polish boy
- 12-year-old Burroughs is sent to live with his mother's psychiatrist Dr. Finch when his parents separate. Burroughs has an extended sexual relationship, aged 13 to 15, with Neil Bookman, the 33-year-old adopted son of the psychiatrist.
- Anthony Kiedis, lead singer for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, talks about his experiences of losing his virginity at age 12 to a woman of 18.
- Ryan was molested by a neighbor from the age of 5.
- A true story of abuse by Catholic clergy in an Irish Reformatory School
- 10-year-old Jonathan is abused by his babysitter, Father Jim, a priest; Arturo, aged 10, is groomed and then raped by two men he met in the neighborhood; Tino is only 5 when he is abused by his grandmother. "Carolyn Lehman: Strong At The Heart"
- Davidson describes how he sought out young boys and adolescents for sex in 1930s London
- Davidson's follow up to The World, The Flesh and Myself
Other non-fictional works involving boys include:
- Paedophilia themes in pre-Nabokov literature
- Describes Balthus' erotic paintings of very young girls in works such as such as The Guitar Lesson
- Born Bad by Bill Cox
- Casanova's Women: The Great Seducer and the Women He Loved by Judith Summers
- Casanova tries to seduce his own 10-year-old daughter
- A survey of pedophile themes in pre-Lolita literature. It includes commentary on the pedophile content of letters written by author Charles Dodgson/Lewis Carroll.
- O'Brien's family have questioned the truthfulness of the her story of rape by priests and torture by her father
- Toni is abused by her father from the age of 6 to 14, when he makes her pregnant
- Karen is abused by both her father and stepfather
- A 14-year-old girl is the target of Internet grooming then suffers sexual abuse
- An alleged autobiography of satanic ritual abuse that has been investigated and shown to be false
- Kelly Michaels was imprisoned for abusing very young children of both sexes, but eventually her convictions were all overturned
- The true story of Paul Ingram and the controversy over sex abuse convictions based on recovered memories
- Donna Ford was abused by her step mother Helen between the ages of 5 and 11
- Tammy and her younger sister are abused by their stepfather over a number of years. They tell each other what's been going on when they are aged 15 and 14. Akaya is abused by her father from age 2 to 7, then again from the age of 12
- Sybil, by Flora Rheta Schreiber
- The story of the multiple personality disorder (Dissociative identity disorder) of the abused girl Shirley Ardell Mason
- The story of the disappearance of 12-year-old Moira Anderson in 1957 and the involvement of Alex Gartshore, the author's father and a convicted paedophile, as a member of a paedophile ring
Criminal investigations and trials
- Brother Tony Leyva and other churchmen molest hundreds of boys
- The Christchurch Civic Creche child abuse allegations in New Zealand.
- The story of the abduction of 7-year-old Steven Stayner by pedophile Kenneth Parnell
- Chronicles the abuse of over 20 boys by a priest František Merta
- The Satanic ritual abuse of children.
- A lengthy investigation into the abuse and murder of fourteen boys, aged from 7 to 14
- The true story of the Dade County daycare center sexual abuse scandal that does not cover the eventual acquittal of the owners.
Books on Michael Jackson's relationships with boys include:
Books on the Menendez trial, where the Menendez brothers, who murdered their parents, claimed they had been sexually abused as children include:
- A discussion of childhood sexual abuse as an excuse for criminal acts - includes the Menendez brothers case.
A number of books have been published on the Mary Kay Letourneau case. She was arrested and imprisoned for having sex with Vili Fualaau, a 13-year-old boy with whom she had two children and subsequently married.
- The Christchurch Civic Creche child abuse allegations in New Zealand.
- The Satanic ritual abuse of children.
Art and photography
- A photographic study.
- Includes pictures from the 1960 film of Lord of the Flies
In 1993, five paintings and thirty-five drawings were removed from an exhibition of works by Eli Langer at Mercer Union by the Toronto Police. Charges made under the Child Pornography Act were subsequently withdrawn, but Langer's paintings and drawings were subject to a forfeiture order. The works of art depict children involved in sexual acts.
Manga and anime
work But I'm Your Teacher
by Yoshino Somei has a short story where a convicted pedophile photographer picks up a young foreign boy in order to use him as the subject of his work. Throughout the story, the boy is raped by a man brought in by the photographer, and later instigates consensual sex with the photographer himself.
Shotacon is a Japanese term for a sexual complex where an adult is attracted to an underage boy and is applied to artwork or manga depicting pre-pubescent or pubescent boys. Boku no Pico is an example of a shotacon anime. The female equivalent of shotacon could be considered lolicon.
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan, literally translated as Club-To-Death Angel is a fiction series written by Masaki Okayu. It was a serialised Japanese light novel, then manga and anime versions were created. A young boy stops girls aged 12 from maturing and is accused of creating a pedophile's heaven. Blue displays sexual interest towards a young boy.
Note: this list of books does not include the many academic or other learned works written on the subject of pedophilia and child sexual abuse.