, Member of Parliament, Colonial Agent in pre revolutionary America was born in about 1734, son of John Garth
MP, and Rebecca, daughter of John Brompton and grand-daughter of Sir Richard Raynsford
, Lord chief justice of the Kings bench.
Merton College Oxford, Inner Temple. Called to the Bar in 1758.
- Crown Agent for South Carolina, Georgia, briefly Maryland circa 1763-1775
- 1764 Succeeded father as MP for Devizes, re-elected 1765, 1768, 1780.
- Relinquished seat in November 1780 to become HM Commissioner for Exercise.
- Recorder of Devizes
Charles Garth died in November 1784 at Walthamstow
- LB Namier, The English Historical Review, volume 54, 1939.
- The Annual Register, Edmund Burke, 1830
- Blackwoods Edinburgh Magazine, 1819, page 506