is the third album by Swedish
metal band Meshuggah
. It was released on November 10
by Nuclear Blast
. The 9-track promotion cardsleeve CD of the album features a track that is not included on the regular album. The track is called "Unanything" at 3 minutes, listed as track #6. This song is also found on the Japanese pressing as track #9.
Chaosphere's sound is largely a combination of the thrash style of the band's previous releases and the crushing technicality that they would further explore on subsequent albums, such as 2002's Nothing. The second track, "New Millennium Cyanide Christ", is one of the band's most well-known songs and is a fan favorite, and a video was filmed for the song.
This album is considered to be Meshuggah's most intense album they have recorded so far as it is mostly atonal through the entire album's duration and does not carry the jazz fusion elements shown on their previous album with the exception of the guitar solos.
- "Concatenation" – 4:17
- "New Millennium Cyanide Christ" – 5:36
- "Corridor of Chameleons" – 5:02
- "Neurotica" – 5:20
- "The Mouth Licking What You've Bled" – 3:57
- "Sane" – 3:49
- "The Exquisite Machinery of Torture" – 3:56
- "Elastic" – 15:30
- "Unanything" (Japanese Bonus Track) – 3:00
Nuclear Blast released Chaosphere as Chaosphere-RELOADED which includes five bonus tracks which follow the original track listing:
- "Sane" (demo version) – 4:07
- "Future Breed Machine" (mayhem version) – 8:11
- "Futile Bread Machine" (campfire version) – 3:29
- "Future Breed Machine" (Quant's Quantastical O La La) – 7:30
- "Future Breed Machine" (remix) – 6:46
- All songs recorded and mixed at the Dug-Out, Uppsala, Sweden.
- Additional recording at Area 51 and Uae-Function studio, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Recording and mixdown by Daniel Bergstrand and Fredrik Thordendal.
- Artwork and design by Tomas Haake.
- Art direction by Meshuggah.
- Band photo by John Norhager.
- Mastered by Peter in de Betou at Cutting Room, Stockholm, Sweden.