(earlier Hanava, Hanva
; Hanva) is a village
in the Rimavská Sobota District
of the Banská Bystrica Region
of southern Slovakia
In historical records
, the village was first mentioned in 1266
) as property of a monastery. In the 15th century it was the seat of the local noble family "Hanva", since the mid-16th century the "Hanvay", later on the "Darvasy" etc.