Centralne Warsztaty Lotnicze
(CWL) - Central Aviation Workshops
was the Polish
state-owned aircraft repair works and manufacturer in Warsaw
, active between 1918 and 1928. The workshops were created in November 1918 and located in Warsaw at the fringe of airport in Mokotów
at 2a Puławska
Street. Initially its main task were repairs of engines and aircraft. It also produced aircraft under the French licence in the 1920s:
- *Hanriot H-28
- *SPAD 61
Some aircraft were designed by engineers working in the CWL, but none entered production.
Selected aircraft designed in CWL:
- *CWL WZ-X
- *D1 Cykacz
In 1928 the CWL transformed into the PZL (State Aviation Works), soon to became the biggest Polish aircraft manufacturer.