is a German Texan
community in Austin County, Texas
. Cat Springs was first settled in 1834 by a group of German immigrants from the duchies of Oldenburg
led by Ludwig Anton Sigismund von Roeder
and Robert J. Kleberg
Cat Springs is one of the first German Texan
settlements in Texas.
Around the year 1885 a railroad was built and the town was moved to its present day location. The town has a post office, several stores, two rural mail carriers and a telephone system. In the Spring and Summer a large number of Texas bicyclist ride in the area as this is the closest "hilly" area to Houston.