The casemate is a simple flanking one, meaning that it has just only one firing chamber which is directed towards the north. It has an underground gallery connecting to its neighbor, the Casemate de Rountzenheim Nord. It was built in 1932 to accommodate 15 troops, a warrant officer and an officer. Its dimensions are: 19 by 14 meters, for 7.5 meters height. The concrete top measures 2 meters thickness and the external walls 2.25 meters for the exposed walls and 1 meter for the back walls.
The interior is organized on only one level, with:
In the firing chamber are two twin 7.5mm machine guns, one of them may be replaced by a [[AC 37 anti-tank gun|37mm anti-tank gun.
A 50mm mortar could be fitted to GFM cloche.