(English) or Carnaval
(Portuguese, Spanish, and French) is a Christian celebration
occurring before Lent
. The word has come to refer to other annual festivals of a similar (but not necessarily religious) nature. This page also lists other things named "Carnival".
Celebrations of Carnival
- Barranquilla's Carnival (Carnaval de Barranquilla), a Colombian festival dating back to the 19th century
- Caribbean Carnival
- Carnaval de Oruro, the biggest annual cultural event in Bolivia
- Carnaval Del Pueblo, a celebration of Latin American culture held in London
- Summer Carnaval (Zomercarnaval) is summertime version of Carnival held in the Netherlands
- Quebec Winter Carnival (Carnaval de Québec), the largest winter carnival in the world
- West Country Carnival, an English celebration related to the Gunpowder Plot of 1605
- Carnivàle Lune Bleue, a 1930s-style travelling carnival that debuted in Ottawa, Ontario.
- Electric Daisy Carnival, a music festival held annually in Los Angeles, California.
- Any traveling carnival, funfair, or other fair
Albums and other musical series
Television and film