is a Gaelic Athletic Association
(GAA) club in County Kildare
, Republic of Ireland
. It was the Kildare club of the year in 1998.
Cappagh was founded by Paddy Butler and John Murray in the aftermath of the Easter Rising. They played Kilcock on Gaelic Sunday. A match between Cappagh and Kilcock in the 1921 championship had to be postponed when the Cappagh captain and four players were arrested beforehand by the British. Their grounds in Ballyvauneen were purchased in 1971 and their dressing room complex opened in 1995.
Kerryman Tadhg Downey played at corner forward on the 1939 Kildare championship team. At Downey’s behest, Cappagh adopted the red jerseys of the Dingle club, worn by Kerry
in the 1938 All Ireland final. They amalgamated with Kilcock 1938-41 and 1955-62 Jim Daly and Pat Lyons played on the Kildare
team in 1950.
Players hurl with St Coca’s.
Founded on October March 5 1972 by Molly O’Donoghue and Lena Downey winners of 20 titles at under-age level and are the only camogie club to have their own pitch. The original club colours were grey and white, now grey red and white. Cappagh hosted the National League Division 2 final of 1980. In 1978 they became the first club in Kildare to achieve the senior-junior double.
- Intermediate champions 1946.
- Finalists 1944.
- Leinster Leader Cup finalists 1946.
- Junior B champions 1975, 1990.
- Junior finalists 1942.
- Junior B finalists 1978.
- Division 3 champions 1977.
- Junior C champions 1975.
- Junior 7 aside champions 2005
- Kildare GAA: A Centenary History, by Eoghan Corry, CLG Chill Dara, 1984, ISBN 0-9509370-0-2 hb ISBN 0-9509370-1-0 pb
- Kildare GAA yearbook, 1972, 1974, 1978, 1979, 1980 and 2000- in sequence especially the Millennium yearbook of 2000
- Soaring Sliothars: Centenary of Kildare Camogie 1904-2004 by Joan O'Flynn Kildare County Camogie Board.