The station was first launched in 1926 as AM 1120 CFJC, owned by the local N. S. Dalgliesh & Son department store. It was acquired by the Kamloops Sentinel in 1932, and changed frequency the following year to 1310 AM. The station became an affiliate of the Canadian Radio Broadcasting Commission, a corporate precursor to the CBC, and retained an affiliation with CBC Radio afterward. Its frequency subsequently changed to 800 AM in 1934, 880 AM in 1935 and 910 in 1941. The Sentinel finally sold the station to Inland Broadcasters in 1957.
Sister station CFJC-FM was launched in 1962.
CFJC and its FM sister station were acquired by the Jim Pattison Group, their current owner, in 1987. Pattison converted CJFC to its current FM frequency, format and call sign in 2001.