Students from 44 countries have graduated from KMC, and the degrees are recognized worldwide.
It was established by Dr TMA Pai in January 1955. In the initial years, the medical students studying in Kasturba Medical College were given pre-clinical training at Manipal and clinical training at Mangalore where the state government had made available its hospitals for the clinical training of the students.
In response to the recommendations of the Medical Council of India and the local committees appointed by the Mysore University for the continuation of affiliation, facilities for teaching pre-clinical subjects were provided at Mangalore itself and the Mangalore section became an independent medical college in 1977. The physical facilities and student amenities have been steadily developed over the years.
The Medical Council of India granted recognition in 1958 with the first graduating batch of KMC. Recognition by
Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
Light House Hill Road
Phone: (91 824) 2423452, 2427298, 2422271
Fax: (91 824) 2428183
Also constituent colleges of MAHE, these colleges share a strong relationship with KMC Mangalore