for a tanned
or dark or brown-skinned
person. In origin the term was used to refer to a person with brown
or black hair color
, regardless of skin
or eye color
(synonym for Brunette
), nowadays both meanings co-exist. It is also a Spanish and Italian surname and an Italian given name.
For others references to Moreno, see below:
People (with Moreno surname)
- Antonio "Tony" Moreno, Spanish actor and film director.
- Belita Moreno, American actress
- Catalina Sandino Moreno, Colombian actress.
- Chino Moreno, United States musician.
- Federico Moreno Torroba, Spanish composer.
- Isko Moreno, Filipino TV actor.
- Leticia Moreno, Spanish violinist.
- Moreno, French Gypsy jazz musician
- Rita Moreno, Puerto Rican actress.
- Mario Moreno "Cantinflas", Mexican comedian/actor.
- Alberto Moreno, Peruvian politician.
- Celso Cesare Moreno, (1830-1901) Italian adventurer.
- Denise Moreno Ducheny, United States politician.
- Gabriel García Moreno, former President of Ecuador.
- Javier Moreno, Spanish politician.
- Julio Enrique Moreno, former President of Ecuador.
- Luis Alberto Moreno, Colombian diplomat and journalist.
- Luis Moreno Ocampo, Argentinian Chief Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court.
- María de los Angeles Moreno, Mexican politician.
- Mariano Moreno, Argentinian lawyer, journalist and politician.
- Nahuel Moreno (Hugo Bressano), Argentinian politician.
- Arturo Moreno, owner of Major League Baseball's Anaheim Angels
- John Rey Moreno, Filipino Tennis player
- Alejandro Moreno, Venezuelan football player
- Alfredo Moreno, Argentinian football player
- Byron Moreno, Ecuadorian football referee
- Carla Moreno, Brazilian triathlon athlete
- Frank Moreno, Cuban judoka
- Jaime Moreno, Bolivian football player
- Marcelo Moreno, Bolivian football player
- José Manuel Moreno (Charro Moreno), Argentinian football player
- Juan Gutiérrez Moreno, Spanish football player
- Moreno, Portuguese football player
- Juan Moreno, Venezuelan baseball player
- Michael Moreno, 6th dan Aikido, Shihan
- Moreno Argentin, Italian cyclist
- Omar Moreno, Major League Baseball outfielder born in Panama
- Orber Moreno, Venezuelan baseball player
- Rafael Moreno Aranzadi (Pichichi), Spanish football player
- Roberto Moreno, Brazilian Formula One driver
- Yipsi Moreno, Cuban hammer throw athlete
- Zeke Moreno, United States American Football player
- Knowshon Moreno, University of Georgia American Football running back
- Alcides Moreno, notable as survivor of a 47-story fall
- Arturo Moreno (born 1946), American billionaire, first Hispanic to own a major sports franchise in the United States
- Consuelo Moreno-López (1893–2004), Spanish Moroccan-American supercentenarian (111 at time of death)
- Moreno, city in the Brazilian state of Pernambuco.
- Perito Moreno Glacier, glacier in Patagonia, Argentina.
- Perito Moreno National Park, on the northwest of the Santa Cruz Province, Argentina.
- Perito Moreno, Santa Cruz, town in Argentina, near the Cueva de las Manos.
- Moreno Partido, division of the Buenos Aires Province, Argentina.
- Puerto Baquerizo Moreno, capital of the Galápagos Province, Ecuador.
- Lagos de Moreno, municipality of the state of Jalisco, Mexico.
- Moreno Valley, California, city in the United States.
- Moreno Valley Freeway, freeway in the United States.
- Moreno Valley Mall, shopping mall in the United States.
- Moreno Village Rennell Island Solomon Islands,