From that point in time the history of Buttigliera was intimately tied with the history of the Carron family until the last of the Carrons, Carron Clementina, died in April 1912.
In the first half of 1890 Giuliano Vandel identified Buttigliera as the location for his new factory, which he built lower in the valley from the original Buttigliera. This new section, incorporated in 1891, was called Ferriera, after the town of La Ferriere Sous Jougne, from where Vandel originated.
In the 20th century, the FIAT group established one of its metallurgical factories in Ferriera, a section of Buttigliera.
Another site worthy of visiting is the preceptory of Sant'Antonio di Ranverso. The church in this religious complex goes back to 1121. The complex itself includes amongst other things a flour mill which the monks received on June 7, 1188, from Umberto III of Moriana Savoia. Along with the mill, he also granted a forest. Even before that, at this site there was also a hospital. Every year, a "Living Nativity Scene" is enacted here.
Performance assessment and monitoring of a permeable reactive barrier for the remediation of a contaminated site.(Technical report)
Jul 01, 2007; INTRODUCTION The concept of PRBs is relatively simple: reactive material is placed in the subsurface to intercept a contaminated...
Amplimedical, a manufacturer of molecular diagnostic products and a wholly owned subsidiary of Amplifon (Milan, Italy).(Deals roundup)(Brief article)
Apr 27, 2006; Amplimedical, a manufacturer of molecular diagnostic products and a wholly owned subsidiary of Amplifon (Milan, Italy), reported...