Burnt Oak Underground station

Burnt Oak tube station

Burnt Oak tube station is a London Underground station in north London, on Watling Avenue, off the A5 (the Edgware Road, originally a Roman Road known as Watling Street). The station is on the Edgware branch of the Northern Line, between Edgware and Colindale stations, and in Travelcard Zone 4.

The station was designed by architect Stanley Heaps and opened as Burnt Oak (Watling) on the 27 October 1924, two months after the extension of the Hampstead & Highgate Line from Hendon Central to Edgware had opened. The station was originally provided with a temporary structure before the final ticket office building was constructed in 1925. The suffix was dropped from the name about 1950.

Image gallery

External links

|}

Search another word or see Burnt Oak Underground stationon Dictionary | Thesaurus |Spanish
Copyright © 2014 Dictionary.com, LLC. All rights reserved.
  • Please Login or Sign Up to use the Recent Searches feature