Nearby is RAF Breighton, built between 1941 and 1942 for No. 1 Group RAF, its first residents were the No. 460 Squadron RAAF. After World War II, the base would be used to store Thor missiles, before finally closing in the mid sixties. It is currently used by the Real Aeroplane Company to house historic aircraft as well as for hosting airshows. RAF Breighton or Breighton Airfield, as it is now commonly known, has the ICAO Code of EGBR.
An airshow is held by the Real Aeroplane Company in the summer.
There is a pub called the Breighton Ferry.