"Flood" is a song written and performed by Jars of Clay. It is considered by most fans of the band to be their "breakthrough" song, with sudden success coming in both the contemporary Christian music and alternative rock genres. It was released in 1995 on their self-titled debut album. The album remained in the top 60 albums for much of the year and remained in Billboard's Top 200 albums for the entire 52 week cycle. The album went 'gold' and shortly after attained platinum status. The debut album has now sold well over 2,000,000 copies.
- The song plays over the end credits of the movie Hard Rain (1998).
- "Flood" is also the theme song of theA&E reality show, "God or the Girl", which is about four men who are struggling with the decision to enter the seminary. It was a five-part show that began airing on Easter 2006.
- "Flood" was used in the ending credits of an episode of "Days of Our Lives" in the late 1990s.
- The song is played with two different tunings, Standard tuning and (low to high)G-B-G-D-A-E
Note: All songs written by Charlie Lowell, Dan Haseltine, Matt Odmark, & Stephen Mason, unless otherwise noted
- "Flood" - 3:31
- "Sinking" - 3:47
US radio promo
- "Flood" (Radio Edit) - 3:12
- "Flood" (LP Version) - 3:31
|Billboard (North America) - (1996) Chart
|Mainstream Rock Tracks
|Modern Rock Tracks
|The Billboard Hot 100
|Adult Top 40
|Top 40 Mainstream