Brampton Town railway station
was a railway station in the centre of Brampton, Cumbria
, and the terminus of the Brampton
Town Branch. It was opened in 1775, to work on the Earl of Carlisle's Waggonway. By 1836, a horse-driven passenger service had been implemented, allowing service to the railway station
about a mile out of town, near Milton. This railway station is still open, on the Tyne Valley Line
. The line was opened and closed numerous times, before it was finally closed for good in 1923, and the track lifted shortly afterwards.