Bouzareah is a suburb of Algiers, the capital of Algeria, North Africa, and its eleventh district. It has a population of about 200,000 people and an altitude of over 600 meters ASL. The city's name is Arabic and means "of the grain" or "from the grain". The embassies of Niger, Oman, and Mauritania are located there.
Coat of Arms
The first quarter is red, the heraldic color of Africa with a tower to represent a fort located in the city. The second quarter is green, the color of Islam, of sinople
with a kouba to point out the koubbas of Sidi-Nouman inter alia. With the third district, sinople cypresses to point out the wooded solid mass which covered formerly all the "Bouzaréah". With the fourth district the crescent of Islam with the stars which refer to the Observatory of the Celestial Village on blue of France.
This coat of arms was made by Théo Bruand d' Uzelle in 1993.
The city shelters several notable institutions:
- The Research center in Astronomy, Astrophysics and Geophysics (CRAAG, former Observatory of Algiers)
- The normal School for Teachers of Algiers-Bouzaréah, created by imperial decree on March 4, 1865
- The Tele Algerian Diffusion
- The broadcast transmitting station of the operator of mobile telephony Djezzy, subsidiary of Orascom Télécom Algeria, which is the largest telephone operator in Algeria.
- The Department of Sciences of Education - the University of Bouzaréah
- The Superior school of Bank
- The basilica Our Lady of Africa
- The forest of Baïnem
was a French astronomer who published scientific articles from 1894 to 1918 about comets and asteroids. He worked at the astronomical observatory the Research center in Astronomy, Astrophysique and Geophysics (CRAAG, formerly the Observatory of Algiers) and was a colleague of François Gonnessiat
. He discovered two asteroids, which he named: