Bottesford railway station serves the village of Bottesford in Leicestershire. The station is on Nottingham to Grantham line 24 km (15 miles) east of Nottingham railway station.
The station is located on the line first opened by the Ambergate, Nottingham, Boston and Eastern Junction Railway in 1850 and taken over by the Great Northern Railway. There was also a link to the old GNR Newark to Leicester cross-country route a short distance to the east - this remained in use for freight until 1988, but has since been lifted.
There is generally a service every two hours daily westbound to Nottingham and eastbound to Skegness via Grantham.
Bottesford is one of the most used stations on the route with many commuters travelling to and from Nottingham each day.
The Great Northern and London and North Western Joint Railway
opened in 1879, providing a Leicester to Grantham service from 1882 to 1953.