BlueWare, Inc. is an international Strategic Healthware Solutions corporation located in Cadillac, Michigan, founded by former IBM Healthcare and Advanced Technology Specialists. The development and marketing of software and hardware products specific to the healthcare industry is the major focus of the business.
BlueWare, Inc. develops and supports a family of software products which provides an on-line medical record for hospitals. The company is a solution provider to hospitals, clinics and home healthcare agencies worldwide and in 27 states in the United States.
BlueWare, Inc is an IBM Premier
Business Partner, as well as an EMC Velocity Partner. BlueWare International is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
BlueWare's Wellness Connection
is a server-based electronic medical record
, utilizing electronic capture (Computer Output to Laser Disk
) imaging, document imaging, clinical multimedia imaging, with data and biomedical applications in development. This software collects data and images from various sites in a hospital or from remote sites through a modem
, captures and compresses the printed patient output at the time of printing or scanning and indexes it into electronic patient records folders under the appropriate tabs. Information is stored on tape, disk drive or on an optical system and can later be called up on a character based screen or a PC.
Wellness Connection runs on the IBM eServer System i server, which incorporates IBM hardware technology and utilizes IBM software such as DB2 Content Manager and IBM Lotus Notes and Domino.
- 2008 Beacon Award Winner for Innovation Excellence in Healthcare & Life Sciences
- 2008 "Top Star" Business Partner by the IBM Global Public Sector
- 2008, 2007, 2006 Interoperability Showcase Leader at HIMSS
- 2007 Rose M. Harr, President & CEO of BlueWare, Enterprising Women of the Year
- 2007 Beacon Award finalist for Driving Patient-Centric Care
- 2007 "Top Star" Business Partner by the IBM Global Public Sector
- 2006 Top 50 Growing Companies in Michigan
- 2005 Beacon Award Winner for Best DB2 Application