Blackpool South Shore railway station

South Shore railway station

South Shore railway station was originally the only intermediate station on the Blackpool and Lytham Railway, at South Shore in Lancashire, England, when it opened in 1863.

In 1903 it was renamed Lytham Road. In that same year the express Marton Line from Kirkham was built with a new Waterloo Road railway station at its junction with the Lytham line. The new station was just north of Lytham Road station, whose days were then numbered, closing in 1916.

References

|}

Search another word or see Blackpool South Shore railway stationon Dictionary | Thesaurus |Spanish
Copyright © 2014 Dictionary.com, LLC. All rights reserved.
  • Please Login or Sign Up to use the Recent Searches feature