Mining ceased in 2003 and the plant was deconstructed and transported to the Westonia minesite in 2007.
It is a former railway branch terminus in Western Australia's Murchison Region. The first train arrived in Big Bell on 6 January 1937, however the line was not officially opened until 12 August that year. Services ceased from September 1944, but were revived the following year when the war in Europe was winding down and the gold mine reopened. The line finally closed on 31 December 1955
The Big Bell hotel reputedly had the longest bar in Australia.