is a station along the Montauk Branch
of the Long Island Rail Road
. It is located at Bellport Station Road and Montauk Highway
in North Bellport, New York
The station was originally built sometime in the Summer of 1882. When Brookhaven Station was closed by the LIRR on October 6, 1958, Bellport became the replacement for that former station. However, Bellport's station house was closed in January 1959 and razed in May 1964, but not before being replaced with a sheltered-shed. A depot with a high-level platform were built between 2000 and 2001, which many stations on the LIRR were getting at the time.
Another Bellport Station existed along the Main Line sometime in 1844 with the opening of the LIRR. Located 2½ miles (4 km) east of Medford Station
and thus much further north than Bellport, it included a stagecoach connection to Bellport Village, hence the station's name. This would eventaully be renamed Bartlett Station, and was abandoned at some point.
- S66: Patchogue-Riverhead.
- S68: Patchogue-Center Moriches.
- 7B: Patchogue-Medford-Bellport.