The Bell Hughes Music Group
(BHMG) is an Australian based Music company. The BHMG directs and oversees Excalibur Productions Australia, Multiplay Music Australia, Multiplay International & CJM Songs Australia. Hayden Bell
, the Managing and Creative Director founded the Bell Hughes Music Group with Dr Charles Margerison
, its Chairman.
The Bell Hughes Music Group specializes in popular music publishing
, artist development, record production, artist, writer and producer management, film and TV synchronization and mobile phone content aggregation.
International networking and marketing are core elements of the BHMG organization. This involves searching for international talent, and also promoting signed artists to the USA, UK, Sweden, Germany, France, South Korea, Japan and Australasia. The achievements of Mark Sholtez and The Veronicas are a testament to the success gained.
Recent international success for the BHMG includes discovering and signing the publishing of The Veronicas
through BHMG subsidiary Excalibur Productions. Hayden Bell
, who is signed as a writer/producer to EMI Publishing produced their original demos and helped cultivate their progression from acoustic pop to the more rhythmic rock pop approach that is now their trademark. On the strength of these demos Bell then took them to meet the executives at Engine Room a subsidiary of PBL (Packer) Group and they were immediately signed to a production deal.
To further develop The Veronicas songwriting skills, Bell connected them with internationally acclaimed songwriters and producers including Cliff Magness (Avril Lavigne), Billy Steinberg (Madonna, Cyndi Lauper), Eric Nova, Dead Mono and Vince DeGiorgio, where they created a catalogue of over 50 songs. Meetings were then arranged with Warner Bros. Records in the USA. Seymour Stein and senior executives recognized that Hayden Bell had indeed discovered and developed a unique musical talent, signing them quickly to a recording contract with Warner/Sire America.
Hayden Bell then took one of The Veronicas songs titled "All About Us" and placed it with t.A.T.u, the Russian girl group, and it became a massive hit in Europe. In Australia, he placed their song “What’s Goin’ On” with Cassie Donovan and the song “Faded” for Kate DeAraugo Both of these artists were winners of the Australian Idol Competition.
Other Success includes discovering and signing the publishing of Brisbane Jazz cross over artist Mark Sholtez
. Bell arranged for him to meet Tommy Li Puma at Verve Records where Sholtez then gained a recording contract making him the first ever Australian artist to be signed to 'Verve Records', America. This has also led to Mark gaining an international reputation.
, who has studied audio engineering has worked extensively in Australia and internationally in the urban music
genre. As a writer, producer and chief engineer at the BHMG Studios, this young songwriter & producer brings a unique musicality to the current marketplace.
In March 2007 Adrian travelled to Germany to record his track What If with million selling German pop group No Angels. The result is a writer/producer credit on their April 2007 release Destiny through Polydor alongside producers such as Max Martin.
Other people Adrian has worked with are:
- No Angels
- The Veronicas
- Horace Brown
- Chantelle Paige
- Mark Sholtez
- Jade Macrae
- Gordon Chambers
- Samer Issa
- The Veronicas 4 x platinum selling act in Australia with debut album (Secret Life Of- The Veronicas)
- The Veronicas Single “4EVER” hit # 2 on the single charts with platinum sales
- The Veronicas Single “EVERYTHING I'M NOT” reached #5 on the single charts with GOLD Sales
- The Veronicas Single “WHEN IT ALL FALLS APART” reaching no 5 on the single charts with GOLD sales
- The Veronicas Debut album "Secret Life Of The Veronicas” album has been in the top 20 for 47 weeks
- The Veronicas “Secret Life Of The Veronicas” album peaked at NO 2
- Mark Sholtez Gold selling album “Real Street” (first Australian artist ever signed to VERVE records US)
- Mark Sholtez Real Street was #1 in the Jazz album charts for 18 weeks.
- Top 20 album with Tania Moran in Japan on Columbia Records Japan
- t.A.T.u's smash single "All About Us" Top 10 UK Top 5 in Europe on Universal/Interscope USA
- Casey Donovan Australian Idol winner "What's Going On' Top 10 hit single, platinum selling album on Sony BMG
- Kate DeAraugo Australian Idol Winner "Faded" Top 10 Hit single 2 x platinum selling album on Sony BMG
- Song on No 1 selling album Lift "Shannon Noll" (All I Want Is More) on Sony BMG Australia
- Song on No 1 selling album "That's What I'm Talking About" Shannon Noll on BMG Australia.
- Top 10 album with Yvonne Catterfeld in Germany (I Believe) on Sony BMG Germany
- Top 40 single "I Believe" Paulini on Sony BMG Australia
- Top 10 single hit "What's Going On in Japan for MIZ on JVC
- Top 10 album for BOA asia's biggest star with over 13 million album sales