The second contract for 15,000 rifles was so large that no suitable land was available in Windsor, VT. The holding company advanced Robbins & Lawrence $40,000 to purchase 25 acres of land in Hartford, CT and to erect a brick factory building.
Christian Sharps left the Company in 1853. He later formed a partnership with William Hankins in 1862, known as Sharps & Hankins. In 1855, manufacturing was moved to Hartford and continued until 1876. Operations were then moved to Bridgeport, Connecticut.
Reproduction of the paper cartridge Sharps 1853 Rifle, the metallic cartridges 1874 Sharps Rifle, and Sharps-Borchardt Model 1878 are being manufactured today. They are used in hunting and target shooting. Shiloh Rifle Manufacturing Company in Big Timber, Montana offers a line of Sharps reproductions.
|1849 to 1850||Model 1849||Rifle||0.44|
|1850 to 1850||Model 1850||Rifle||0.44|
|1852 to 1855||Model 1851||Carbine||.36, .44, .52|
|1853 to 1855||Model 1852||Rifle||0.52|
|1853 to 1855||Model 1852||Carbine||0.52|
|1853 to 1855||Model 1852||Shotgun||Various|
|1854 to 1857||Model 1853||Carbine||Various|
|1856 to 1857||Model 1855||0.52|
|1856 to 1857||Model 1855||U.S. Navy Rifle||0.52|
|1855 to 1857||Model 1855||British Carbine||0.52|
|1859 to 1866||Model 1859||Carbine||0.52|
|1859 to 1866||Model 1863||Carbine||0.52|
|1859 to 1866||Model 1865||Carbine||0.52|
|1859 to 1866||Model 1859||Rifle||0.52|
|1869 to 1871||Model 1869||Carbine||0.52|
|1869 to 1871||Model 1869||Military Rifle||0.52|
|1869 to 1871||Model 1869||Sporting Rifle||.45-70, .50-70|
|1871 to 1881||Model 1874||Various|
|1877 to 1878||Model 1877||0.45|
|1878 to 1881||Model 1878||Various|