Barron's Educational Series
, Inc. is an American test
preparation company, founded in 1941 as a publisher of materials to help students to prepare for college entrance examinations
, and that offers online college entrance exam preparation classes. The company offers materials for the SAT
Reasoning test, SAT Subject Tests, TOEFL
, and others.
In recent years, Barron's has expanded into many other publishing fields, with 2,000 titles in a wide range of categories. Barron's headquarters are in Hauppauge, New York. Several present and past series include:
- Step-by-Step cookbooks, including both ethnic and appliance-based titles.
- Made Easy educational books, which cover numerous school subjects, particularly on high school and college level, in concise form.
- 1001 Pitfalls, foreign-language grammars focusing on common student pitfalls. The 501 Verbs series functions as companion volumes, and abbreviated pocket-sized grammars, verb tables, and vocabulary books based on these are also available.
- Master the Basics, foreign-language self-instruction.
- Painless, a reference-oriented review of numerous academic subjects.