In 1220 Peter de Norrach, probably a descendabnt of de St. Michael, was baron of Norragh. In 1241 Gilbert Marshall granted Geoffrey son of Peter 2/3 of the barony of Norragh. An inquisition of 1313 states that the barony of Norragh was held by John de Hastynges by Wliilam de Norragh and his heirs, presumably a daughter (Calendar of Ormond Deeds 1961, 170). About 1320 Geoffrey de Norragh granted the manors of Norragh and Skethness (Skerries) to Sir Michael le Veele. Walter le Veele was Baron of Norragh in 1332 and he died in 1334. His son John calf had seisin in 1344. He died in 1356 and his second son Robert had seisin in 1363. After 1363 the barony was held of the Earl of Kildare. Robert died in 1374 and his daughter Elizabeth married Sir John Staunton of Otymy. Staunton was a tenant of 2/3 of Norragh and died c.1390. His widow Elizabeth Calf married Art mac Art MacMurrough-Kavanagh in 1390.
The lands were taken into the Kings hands in 1391 and were granted to McMurrough in 1395 (Otway-Ruthven History of Medieval Ireland 1980, 330). In 1399 Norragh was forfeited by McMurrough and granted to the Earl of Surrey for life, but returned to him in 1400 (Otway-Ruthven History of Medieval Ireland 1980, 338, 340). In 1402 the barony of Narragh was granted to Janico Dartes and lands were granted in custody to Sir Edward fitz Eustace. By 1465 Narragh had come to the Wellesley family through marriage to the daughter of Elizabeth Calf. They held it until 1660 when it was encumbered and passed to the Keatings and was eventually purchased by Robert la Touche in 1813.