is a bay lying between Cape Shirreff
and Essex Point
on the north side of Livingston Island
, in the South Shetland Islands
. The name appears on an 1825 chart of the British
sealing expedition under James Weddell
, and is now established in international usage.
- L.L. Ivanov et al, Livingston-Greenwich-map.jpg (from English Strait to Morton Strait, with illustrations and ice-cover distribution), 1:100000 scale topographic map, Antarctic Place-names Commission of Bulgaria, Sofia, 2005