Balisto is a wholemeal biscuit bar snack manufactured by Mars Incorporated, consisting of a digestive biscuit centre and a variety of milky cream toppings, and coated in milk chocolate.
Normally, there are two fingers in a package, though the multipack contains nine fingers wrapped individually. They are available in Ireland, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, The Netherlands, France, Belgium, Portugal and Italy.
When the Balisto bar was released, it was made by Mars Incorporated in West Germany. Its name supposedly alludes to its dietary fibre content ("Ballaststoffe" in German).
Balisto is available in several different flavours, each with their own colour. Not all flavours are available everywhere. A partial list:
- Corn/Cereal-mix (orange wrapper): plain digestive biscuit covered with chocolate
- Muesli-mix (green wrapper): milk cream topping with raisins and hazelnuts
- Grain-mix (red wrapper)
- Yoghurt and berries-mix (purple wrapper): yoghurt cream topping with red berries
- Almond and honey-mix (yellow wrapper)
- Hazelnut (blue wrapper)
- Spekulatius-Christmas cookie (dark red wrapper)