Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz P.C.
is a large U.S. law firm
group based in Memphis, Tennessee
. According to the National Law Journal
's 2007 rankings, it is the 78th largest law firm in the United States
, and the largest in the state
Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz traces its roots back to the firm of Baker, Worthington, Crossley & Stansberry, founded in 1888. The current firm is the result of a complex series of mergers of many different predecessor firms spread throughout the Southern United States
In addition to its broad-based litigation
and lobbying practices, the firm has practices in corporate law
, mergers & acquisitions
, labor and employment
, real estate
, health law
, intellectual property
, and tax law
Notable lawyers and alumni
- David S. Addington, current chief of staff to Vice President Dick Cheney.
- James C. Duff, current director of the Administrative Office of the United States Courts.
- Lawrence Eagleburger, former U.S. Secretary of State under George H.W. Bush, served as a foreign policy advisor to the firm.
- Robb LaKritz, real estate developer and former Special Assistant and Advisor to the Deputy Secretary of the United States Treasury.
- Howard Baker, Jr., former U.S. Senator and United States Ambassador to Japan, is currently Senior Counsel to the firm.
- Linda Hall Daschle, wife of former U.S. Senator Tom Daschle, is the leader of the firm's Federal Public Policy group.
- Birmingham, Alabama
- Atlanta (Buckhead), Georgia
- Atlanta (Sandy Springs), Georgia
- Macon, Georgia
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Mandeville, Louisiana
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Oxford, Mississippi
- Jackson, Mississippi
- Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Huntsville, Tennessee
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Johnson City, Tennessee (Tri-Cities region)
- Memphis, Tennessee (2 offices)
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Washington, D.C.