is a 300 acre (1.2 km²), forested peninsula
that juts into Lake Washington
from south Seattle
. It is entirely occupied by Seward Park
. The Duwamish
called the peninsula "Noses" (Lushootseed
: squbáqst). Before the completion of the Lake Washington Ship Canal
in 1916 lowered the level of Lake Washington, Bailey Peninsula was an island with points, or "noses", at the north and south ends.