The Bacolod Christian College of Negros, Inc., formerly known as the Bacolod Christian Center or BCC is the first Baptist pre-school established in Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines. It was founded on February 23, 1954 as a community center and pioneer Baptist pre-school.
After Rev. Taylor and Catherine Neely left in 1957, Miss Helen Markos (now Mrs. Alfredo Cordero) took over in March 1957 as Executive Director. It was under her leadership that the Center’s program was molded to form the basis for future advancement. After Miss Markos, Rev. Glenn Boice took over but later focused his attention to the Convention Bible Institute (CBI).
In 1959, Rev. Harold Blatt became the acting Director; Miss Henrietta Agustin (now Mrs. Henrietta A. Nolido) joined the staff as his assistant. Upon the return of Rev. and Mrs. Blatt and his family to the United States in 1962, Mrs. Nolido was then appointed as Executive Director, a position she held until 1995.
Meanwhile, BCC was administered by an Officer-In-Charge (OIC) in the person of Racquel Alejo until Pastor Edwin Madlangbayan was appointed Executive Director in May 1996 until December 18, 2004. In SY 1994-1995, BCC commenced its elementary school, and seven years later its secondary education department was opened. In March 2004, BCC graduated its first batch of high school students.
In March 2007, after the approval by the Securities and Exchange Commission, Bacolod Christian Center changed its name to Bacolod Christian College of Negros, Inc.
Today, the Bacolod Christian College of Negros, Inc. has established its name in the field of education. It offers pre-elementary, elementary, and high school education. In SY 2007–2008, the student population reached 1,090.