The term backup
has several meanings.
- In reference to information technology:
- In reference to electrical power facilities:
- Battery backup - The use of batteries to contiune operation of electrical devices in the absence of utility electric power.
- Backup battery - Similar to above.
- Backup generator - The use of a generator to achieve a similar purpose.
- In reference to music:
- Backup band - A band who plays music in support of a lead musician.
- Backing vocalist - One who sings in harmony with a "lead vocalist."
- Back Up (song) - A song by girl group Danity Kane from their debut album Danity Kane.
- In reference to motor vehicles:
- In reference to television:
- In reference to tactics:
- Backup (tactical) - A military or police contingent dispatched to be ready to provide additional support to the primary force in an engagement