It has a small church whose architect was Frederick Thomas Pilkington (1832-98), and paid for by David Souter Robertson. The church has two stained glass rose windows, one of which has a spelling error in "Haleluya". A white marble memorial stone to DSR, erected by his tenants, is on the back wall.
There was once an Auchengray railway station.
Nearby are the villages of Tarbrax and Woolfords.
Auchengray is also the location of Auchengray Primary school which is used by the surrounding villages and farms. The school has regular access to the church which is all of twenty metres away. This is used for lunch and Physical Education.
Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland