In its earliest years BSC was primarily an athletics club. By 1914 the club had over 2000 members and had added departments for hockey and boxing, as well as a section to accommodate American expatriates. This growth continued through the 20s when Hertha BSC Berlin joined BSC in 1923 to help fend off its own financial difficulties and with the formation of a handball department in 1925. It was also during this period that a sports medicine committee was formed within the club which helped lead to the creation of a national sports medicine federation under first president and BSC club member Dr. Werner Ruhemann.
In 1930 Hertha won the a national championship before separating from the sports club to go its own way. A rugby department was formed within BSC in 1934.
In the aftermath of World War II Allied occupation authorities ordered the dissolution of all organizations in Germany, including sports and football clubs. When the formation of new associations was permitted again in late 1945 the formed membership of BSC re-grouped as Sportgruppe Eichkamp.
The club played two seasons in the Verbandsliga Berlin as a lower table side. In 2008 the club was relegated to the Landesliga Berlin.