Asterix in Britain was an animated film released in 1986; the fifth Asterix feature film, and the last from Dargaud Films. It was based on the book of the same name.
Asterix and Obelix must ravel to Britain with a barrow of Magic potion, to help a reble village fight agianst a Roman Empire, which concquer over the whole country.
Changes from the book
The movie contain many changes from the oryginal story
- Dogmatix comes along with the heroes for the Jurneys and gets a subplot about fallowing the thief to his house.
- Cesar role in the film is larger, and he have more screen time (he had only a cameo in the book)
- Some of the characters (like the Roman cantrurions or the British pub-ceper) have difrent names and desings.
- Asterix and Obelix meet the pirates on their way to Britain
- Asterix don't get tea from Getafix, but from some Fenicians Obelix saved from the pirates.
- The search for the stolen barrow of potion is shorter.
- Stonehange makes a cameo in the movie.
- In the book Asterix found out that the barrow was sold to Footbal team, from bartander, but in the movie the foodbal team, was simply the first on the list.
- During the meeting with the pirates, on the way back, the captain sonk his own ship, much like in the book Asterix and Cleopatra.
When the movie air on brithish television, the scenes with the black pirate where cut-out, as some people found his apparance a racist stereotype.