is an area of parkland, wood, heath, and leisure facilities to the west of Birkenhead
on the Wirral Peninsula
. The park is also known as Arrowe Country Park. The park comprises approximately of land.
In 1807, Liverpool shipowner and slave trader John Shaw bought Arrowe House Farm and the surrounding land. On his death in 1829 it came into the ownership of his nephew, John Ralph Nicholson Shaw, who built the Hall in 1835 and had the grounds landscaped to form a country estate, with parkland, a lake and workers' cottages. The Hall was extended on several occasions in the later 19th century.
In 1927, the park was taken over by Birkenhead Corporation. In 1929, the 3rd World Scout Jamboree was held at Arrowe Park, with over 50,000 scouts and 320,000 visitors. There is a monument in the grounds of the hospital which commemorates this event.
Arrowe Park Golf Club has an area of within the park and consists of a clubhouse and an eighteen hole course
. Elsewhere in the park itself, there is a pitch and putt
course, tennis courts
, bowling greens
, football pitches
and a children's play area. The "Cherry Orchard" public house
was built in 1994.
Arrowe Hall, a Grade II listed mansion built in the Elizabethan style, is within the park. The building was sold by the local council in 1997 and now houses a private care centre.
The 15 acre site of Arrowe Park Hospital was formerly part of the park itself.