may refer to:
- A layer of dieposits found on archaeological excavation isolated as a single context in the stratigraphy of the site
- A layer hen, a hen raised to produce eggs.
- In abstraction, a layer is an abstract place conceived as having depth.
- Stratum, a layer of rock or soil with internally consistent characteristics.
- Thermocline, a layer within a body of water where the temperature changes rapidly with depth.
- Layering, a technique for plant propagation.
- Layered hair, a popular hair styling technique.
- Layering (clothing), the wearing of multiple layers of clothing for practical or fashion purposes
- Layer, a scantily-clad female Maverick Hunter in the Mega Man X series. She works as a Navigator and has a crush on the character Zero.
In computing and technology: