Apache ODE is a WS-BPEL compliant web services orchestration engine. It organizes web services calls following a process description written in the BPEL XML grammar.
- Side-by-side support for both the WS-BPEL 2.0 OASIS standard and the legacy BPEL4WS 1.1 vendor specification.
- Supports 2 communication layers: one based on Axis2 (Web Services http transport) and another one based on the JBI standard (using ServiceMix).
- Support for the HTTP WSDL binding, allowing invocation of REST-style web services.
- Possibility to map process variables externally to a database table of your choice.
- High level API to the engine that allows you to integrate the core with virtually any communication layer.
- Hot-deployment of your processes.
- Compiled approach to BPEL that provides detailed analysis and validation at the command line or at deployment.
- Management interface for processes, instances and messages.