is a tool used by metalworkers such as blacksmiths.
Anvil may also be:
- Anvil cloud or anvil dome, a cumulonimbus cloud or other type of cloud shaped like the tool
- Incus, a bone in the middle ear shaped like the tool
- Anvil Studio, a free MIDI music composition computer program by Willow Software
- The Anvil, nickname of professional wrestler Jim Neidhart.
- Anvil (band), a Canadian heavy metal music band
- Anvil (editor), a physics/textures/sounds editor for the computer game Marathon Infinity
- Anvil (pesticide), a sprayed pesticide used in mosquito control.
- Anvil, a percussion instrument in modern symphony orchestra
Anvil may also refer to:
- Operation Noble Anvil, the US part of the 1999 NATO war in Yugoslavia
- Digital Anvil, a computer game company founded in 1996
- Anvil Chorus, a chorus from Act 2, Scene 1 of Giuseppe Verdi's opera Il Trovatore
- Anvil of Stars, a book by Greg Bear
- Christopher Anvil, a pseudonym of writer Harry C. Crosby
- Diamond anvil cell, a tool for high-pressure physics research
- Anvil City, the original name of Nome, Alaska
- Anvil the Rhino, a villain of the television show Ace Lightning
- "Anvil with the book", the original symbol of the Spanish Socialist Workers' Party
- The City of Anvil, Cyrodiil, a fictional place in the game The Elder Scrolls