(अनुज शर्मा) born in a small town ‘Rehan’ of Himachal Pradesh in India on 06 March 1975, getting the fame again as he is releasing his album soon with one of the top Music Group in India; the music given by Gorub Dayal (Groove Punjab
& Dil le Gayee Kudi Gujarat Di Fame) & Saiwal Vasu. Anuj Sharma began his career while recording a Himachali Folk album in the late 1996. Since then he recorded more than 40 albums in Himachali Folks on number of recording companies. He was among final 3 appeared in Indian Idol 2
, the Indian
version of Pop Idol
. For last 2 & half years after Indian Idol Fame, he has delivered a variety of critically acclaimed live performances in India & abroad. He also had been awarded by number of Organizations for his success.
Anuj Sharma was born in Rehan, a small town of Kangra District
, Himachal Pradesh
His father ‘Yograj Sharma (a retired teacher)’ & his mother ‘Payari Devi (a housewife)’ live in Rehan. He has an elder brother ‘Manoj’ who works in Germany & younger sister ‘Anupam’ who lives in Pathankot. Anuj’s big brother ‘Manoj’ is the reason for him to be in the music profession. After passing the 12th, it was ‘Manoj’ who suggested him to take up music for further studies. He attended 'Government Senior Secondary School Rehan' for his primary & secondary level education. He joined ‘Wajir Ram Sing Government College Dehri’ as Music Student where he started his music learning. Although ‘Anuj’ was good singer from his childhood but his interest & talent paid when he won the best singer award in his first year in college in an inter college competition of Himachal Pradesh University
He still remember the lines ‘Kuch door hamare sath chalo ham apni kahani keh denge; tum samaj na sake jo ankho se bo baat jubani keh denge’ & feels that the success began there. Later he adjudged best in number of other competition in all kinds of music. He became famous in Himachal Pradesh with releases of some folk albums during the bachelor study. After finishing his Bachelor from Himachal Pradesh University
; he joined Master of Music in Guru Nanak Dev University Amritsar
Similar to bachelor years, he did quite well in the studies as well as in Music Competitions. In parallel he kept himself busy with more recording in Himachali Folks & releases number of albums. He also did ‘Bhaskar in Music’ from 'Prachin Kala Kendra' Chandigarh & ‘Diploma of Music Recordist’ in ‘Media Mates' Delhi after his university studies.
Rise to Fame
Anuj used sing for friends & relatives in his childhood days. He never thought that the music will be his profession one day. The actual learning was quite late when he joined MUSIC as main course in his Bachelor Study. He did really good in his college studies & won number of prizes for himself & for the college. He was rewarded as best singer of the college during his bachelor studies. He soon involved with some professionals which results to his first folk album ‘RAT PAYEE GUME DE NAALE’ with T-Series, the album was a major HIT in (1996). He released more than 20 albums within next 3 to 5 years. He was attached also to All India Radio Shimla where he sang number of times. Following his ‘Bachelor in Music’ he joined Guru Nanak Dev University for ‘Master of Music’. He did quite well there as well, won number of prizes in inter-university & within university competitions. After completion his Master in 2000, he joined the same college from where he graduated as ‘Music Lecturer’. He worked there for three years; not satisfied with teaching he left the job & move to ' New Delhi' where he did diploma in ‘Music Recording’. He was interviewed during his music recording course on Radiocity 91 FM, where show his talent of remixing the songs. The song is available on the net Chandan Sa Badan
After finishing his diploma he setup his own Music Studio & started arranging music for some Himachali Songs, he sang for first Himachali Feature Film (Fulmu Ranju) as well.
A continue push from family & friends to make big, he appeared in Indian Idol Official Indian Idol 2 competition. He shot to fame when he reached last 28 in the competition & sang "Tuje Dil Main Basa to Loon par Payar Jaroori Hai"
in the Piano Round to reach last 12. Unfortunately he was out in that round but judges brought him back & he moved up to number 3 this time before exit. For last two & half the year after Indian Idol fame, Anuj has become icon for Himachalis. He had done many shows in different parts of India.
Anuj married to his girlfriend Vanita on May 5, 2006 in Hoshiarpur, Punjab. These days he lives in Pune with his wife. He singing kills all his interests as he has to travel a lot, he is a good cricket player (fast bowler), he enjoys reading cartoon books, is dedicated to his fitness routine. He is a very spiritual too.
Visit the blog for latest news on ANUJ...
- Jatar Fair, Kulu.
- International Deshera festival, Kulu.
- Summer Festival 2006, Dharamshala.
- Summer Festival 2006, Shimla.
- Summer Festival 2006, Manali
- Shulini Fair 2006, Solan.
- International Minjer Festival 2006, Chamba.
- Concert in Mumbai.
- Show in Lukhnow.
- Concert in Ahemdabad.
- Concert in Noida.
- Show in Jaipur.
- Show in Delhi.
- Show in Kangra (Dehra).
- Show in Kangra (Nurpur).
- Show in Pathankot.
- Show in RamPur Busheyar (Shimla)
- Holi Festival Show in Palampur
- Holi Festival Show in Rampur
- Holi Festival Show in Sujanpur
- International Shiratri Fair Show in Mandi
- Nalvar Fair Show in Roharu
- Show in Newcastle(UK)
- Shiratri Fair 2007 in Baijnath
- Show in Jogindarnagar
- Show in Sundarnagar
- PGI Annual Show in Chandigarh
- Summer Festival 2007, Shimla
- Shulini Fair 2007, Solan
- Summer Festival 2007, Manali
- Shiratri Fair 2008 in Baijnath
- Shiratri Fair 2008 in Mandi
- International Minjer Festival 2008, Chamba
Indian Idol 2 Performances
- himachali sev selection Last 175
- uth be dila chal dundan Last 30
- return in II2 Last 10
- bachna e haseeno Last 9
- dil kya kare Last 8
- ek munda punjabi stage Last 7
- solah baras ki bali Last 6
- kab se khade hain tere dulhe Last 5
- chal chaian Last 4
- rang barse Last 4
- bheege honth tere (Last 3)
- ada ada mar dale ada Last 3
- ek munda punjabi Last 3
- kab tak jabani Last 3
- ye dil deevana Last 3
- ham hain hindustani Last 3
- pretty woman Last 3
- fiza tu hawa hai Last 3
- chala jata hoon Last 3
- chala jata hoon b4 out Last 3
- rahe na rahe ham exit
Anuj sang for 'Fulmu Ranjhu (Regional Feature Film)', released by Divya Himachal TV Production, Kangra, Himachal Pradesh
Anuj Sharma's Few Folk Albums
- RASLIYAN DHARAN Musical album and video released by CATRACK MUSIC COMPANY
- RAAT PAYI GUME DE NALE Musical album released by T-SERIES
- APU CHALA NOKIRIYA Musical album released by T-SERIES
- BABA KUTHU BASDA Musical album released by T-SERIES
- DARSHAN PANA DE Musical album released by T-SERIES
- MERE GHAR RAM AYENGE Bhakti sangeet album released by GMC
- NEELIMA KANGRE DI Musical album and video released by GMC
- TERA MITHA – MITHA HASNA Musical album and video released by MAZIE Audio Company
- KAND PARDESI Musical album released by SHAM MUSIC COMPANY
- CHAIL GORIAN HATHAN DI MEHANDI Musical album released by TRIDEV MUSIC COMPANY
- HIMACHALI BLAST 2006 Musical album and video released by GMC
- 1st prize in inter-college GAZAL competition at GOVT College, Dharamshala, HP University Shimla.
- 1st prize in inter-college GAZAL competition at Wazir Ram Singh GOVT College, Dehri, HP University Shimla.
- BEST SINGER award in Wazir Ram Singh GOVT College, Dehri, HP University Shimla.
- 1st prize in GAZAL competition (Zonal Youth Festival) at Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar.
- 2nd prize in BHAZAN competition (Zonal Youth Festival) at Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar.
- Associated with All India Radio, Shimla.