Andrew "Dice" Clay
(born Andrew Clay Silverstein
on September 29
, in Brooklyn
, New York
) is an American
comedian and actor. Dice performed his first HBO Special in Philadelphia called The Diceman Cometh
in 1989, and had his first starring role in a feature film (as Ford Fairlane) entitled: The Adventures of Ford Fairlane
His popularity waned after this period, and in 2007 he attempted a comeback with the reality TV series Dice: Undisputed.
He was controversial for his profanity and for the sexism in his routines, for which he was banned from MTV and boycotted by celebrities Sinéad O'Connor and Nora Dunn, the former a guest and the latter a cast member on a 1990 episode of Saturday Night Live that Clay hosted.
According to his official website, "His rise to fame was meteoric - with sold-out arenas, platinum albums, and starring roles in films and TV specials. His fall was just as epic- blackballed by the industry and becoming the man to hate by every PC group in the country.
- Dice, 1989
- The Day the Laughter Died, 1990
- Dice Rules, 1991
- 40 Too Long, 1992
- Day The Laughter Died, Part 2, 1993
- ''Filth, 1999
- Face Down, Ass Up, 2000
Recordings featuring Dice samples
- "A Gangsta's Fairytale" on Ice Cube's album AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted (Priority Records, 1990): Dice is heard saying "Good old Mother Goose, remember her? I fucked her." from "Nursery Rhymes" at the end of the song.
- "Just Don't Bite It" on N.W.A's EP 100 Miles and Runnin' (Ruthless/Priority Records, 1990): Dice asking the question, "But does she suck a good dick?!" from "Couples In Love", is part of the song's chorus.
- "Unbelievable" by EMF (EMI, 1991): features a sound bite of Dice's "Oh, what the fuck was that?" and "It's unbelievable."