is a common male name in Cyprus
. In the Greek language, from which it derives it means valiant
. See article on Andrew
for more information.
It may refer to:
- St. Andrew, the Christian apostle.
- Saint Andrew of Crete
- Andreas of Alexandria, martyr, saint, and companion to Faustus, Abibus and Dionysius of Alexandria
- Andreas is both a town and a parish in the Isle of Man.
- Andreas was a physician in Ancient Greece.
- Andreas of Argos sculptor
- Andreas, an Old English poem about St Andrew the Apostle.
- Andreas, or Aindréas († 1184), first known bishop of Caithness, Scotland
- Andreas Berger (born 1961), an Austrian track and field sprinter
- George Andreas Papandreou, foreign minister of Greece from 1999 to 2004
- Andreas, a typeface created by Linotype.
- Andreas (comic author), comic author of Rork
- Andreas Syngros, a Greek politician of the 19th century.
- Andreas Capellanus, writer of De amore
- Andreas Seelig, East German discus thrower
- Andreas Vollenweider, Swiss composer and musician
- Andreas P. Pittler, Austrian author
- Andreas Zisimos, Greek freestyle swimmer