(Engelsberg) is a village in the Moravian-Silesian Region
of the Czech Republic
. It is located 8 km northwest of Bruntál
and has around 370 inhabitants.
Village of Pustá Rudná (Lauterseifen) is administrative part of Andělská Hora.
The village was founded in 1540
, in 1553 it was registered as mining city and furnished (in 1556) with all necessary permissions for mining by Johann the Elder von Würben from Freudenthal
. After the Thirty Years' War
the town was given to the Order of Teutonic Knights
who owned the town until 1639.
According to the Austrian census of 1910 the village had 1,789 inhabitants, 1,773 of whom had permanent residence there. Census asked people for their native language, 1,767 (99.7%) were German-speaking. Most populous religious group were Roman Catholics with 1,761 (98.4%).
- Church of "Birth of Virgin Mary" from 1672, rebuilt after a fire in 1734
- Statue of the John of Nepomuk (1724)
- Empire cross out of sandstone at the market place (1815)
- Annaberg, mercy chapel (1767)