Amook Bay Seaplane Base is a seaplane base located in Amook Bay in the Kodiak Island Borough of the U.S. state of Alaska. It is privately owned by Mike Munsey.
Although classified by the FAA as "private-use", Amook Bay has scheduled seaplane service to Kodiak, Alaska which is subsidized by the Essential Air Service program.
Airline and destinations
- Resources for this airport:
- Essential Air Service documents (Docket Number 6945) from the U.S. Department of Transportation:
- Order 2007-5-18: Selecting Redemption, Inc., d/b/a Island Air Service, to provide essential air service at Alitak, Amook Bay, Kitoi Bay, Moser Bay, Olga Bay, Port Bailey, Port Williams, Seal Bay, Uganik, West Point, Zachar Bay, Alaska (Kodiak 11), and Karluk, Alaska, through June 30, 2009
- Order 2007-2-18: Requesting proposals to providing EAS at eleven Kodiak Island communities: Alitak, Amook Bay, Kitoi Bay, Moser Bay, Olga Bay, Port Bailey, Port Williams, Seal Bay, Uganik, West Point, and Zachar Bay, Alaska, for a new two-year period beginning May 1, 2007
- Order 2005-3-4: Selecting Servant Air, Inc. to provide essential air service at Amook Bay, Kitoi Bay, Moser Bay, Olga Bay, Port Bailey, Port William, Seal Bay, West Point, and Zachar Bay, Alaska (Kodiak Bush) for a two-year period ending April 30, 2007