: (female form: Amiga
) is a Spanish
word for friend
. It has been in use in American English
since 1837 (as in Adiós, amigo
, meaning Goodbye, friend
Amigo or amiga may refer to:
- Amigo (restaurant), the name of a French restaurant at Happy Valley in Hong Kong.
- Amigo (show), Norwegian game show for kids.
- Amigos (play), a 2004 play by David Williamson
- Amigos, a 1976 Carlos Santana album
- Samba de Amigo, a video game on the Sega Dreamcast.
- Amigo and Friends, the English adaptation of the animated TV series Cantinflas.
- The Amigos, a group of five adélie penguin characters in Happy Feet.
- "¡Amigos!", an episode in the TV series Arrested Development
- Amigos de las Américas, a non-profit organization that sends youth to Latin America to live with host families.
- Amiga, a family of home/personal computers originally developed by Amiga Corporation
- Amigo, a WiDEN network from MIRS Communications Ltd., Israel.
- Amigo Spiele, a German board and card game publisher
- Amigo Mobility International Inc, located in Bridgeport, Michigan.
- Surf Amigo, a towel and a garment all in one, used by Australian surfers, produced by Australian surfwear company SLAB.
- Amigo, a compact SUV made by Isuzu.
- Amigo, a web-based search tool for the Gene Ontology.
- Amigo, a Beanie Baby dog produced by Ty, Inc.
- Amigo Project - open source, standardized, interoperable middleware for home networking. Combines home automation, entertainment electronics devices and computers into one network.
- Isuzu MU Wizard, an automobile once called the Isuzu "Amigo"
- Amigoization, referring to the "increasing Hispanic influence in California, the Southwest and into the Heartland.