Alma Gêmea (Soul Mate)
is a Brazilian telenovela
that produced and broadcasted by Rede Globo
in 2005 and 2006. It was written by Walcyr Carrasco
and directed by Jorge Fernando
. Although the actors speak Portuguese
, the program has been dubbed into other languages and syndicated internationally. It achieved record ratings for the 6 PM timeslot.
Alma Gêmea OST
- "Índia" – Roberto Carlos (Serena's theme)
- "Quem sabe isso quer dizer amor "– Milton Nascimento (Divina's Boarding house theme)
- "Um Segredo e um Amor" – Sandy (Mirella and Felipe's theme)
- "Margarida" – Roupa Nova (Elias' theme)
- "Alma Gêmea" – Fábio Júnior (Overture's theme)
- "Eterno Amor (True Love)" –Cídia e Daniel
- "Uma vez mais" – Ivo Pessoa (Rafael and Luna's theme)
- "Diz nos meus olhos (Inclemência)" – Zélia Duncan (Cristina and Debora's theme)
- "Eu não existo sem você" – Maria Bethania
- "Linda flor (Yayá) (AI, YOUO)" – Gal Costa (Olivia's theme)
- "A Vida que a gente leva" – Leila Pinheiro
- "Estrada do Sertão" – Elba Ramalho (Mirna's theme)
- "Todo seu querer" – Fagner
- "Um Sonho de Verão (Moonlight Serenade)" – Jussara Silveira (Roseiral Town's theme)
- "Acidente de Amor" – Gino & Geno (Crispim's theme)
- "Suíte dos Índios" – Mú Carvalho
Alma Gêmea Internacional OST
- "My Funny Valentine" – Rod Stewart
- "Moonlight Serenade" – Carly Simon
- "Mr. Lonely" – Fabianno
- "La Vie En Rose" – Strings Orchestra
- "Amapola" – The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
- "Al Di Là" – Paolo
- "Fly Me to the Moon (In Other Words)" – Peter Jones
- "Blue Moon" – SNZ
- "Misty" – Ivo Pessoa
- "The Lovers (Prelude)" – John K. Steffen
- "At Last" – Kenny G. featuring Arturo Sandoval
- "Sway (Quien Será)" – Dean Martin
- "Frenesí" – Montserrat (Comic scenes' theme)
- "Mambo Nº8" – Mambo Project
- Audience records: the Chapter that Mirna (Fernanda Souza) throw the villain Cristina (Flávia Alessandra) in a pigsty and she rubs her face in mud, it had 48 points of audience and 70% of share. Another big audience happens, the telenovela is going to end, when devil Debora (Ana Lúcia Torre) tries to murder Rafael (Eduardo Moscovis), putting poison in his juice, but who takes it and die is herself. But the most watched chapter was the last, going to 56 points.
- Walcyr Carrasco was invited after Chocolate com Pimenta ended, by Globo's direction, They asked him: "what's your next telenovela?".
- Main point to Ana Lúcia Torre and Flávia Alessandra actuations es the devil villains Débora e Cristina, in a care performance. No-one even saw in a telenovela, mother and daughter in a "so perfect sithony" to make wicked things.
- Main point to last chapter, although primary characters' death, it thrilled the public.
- The text recited in the end is of authory of Harvey Spencer Lewis, XX century mistic.
- And a last main point to comic scenes, like those in Divina's Boarding house. And the scenes in Mirna (Fernanda Souza), Crispim (Emílio Orciollo Netto) and Bernardo (Emiliano Queiroz) ranch. To finish, Olivia(Drica Moraes) and Vitório (Malvino Salvador), who hidden a great love behind their fights.