is a large walled enclosure situated at about 4 miles from Lucknow
, near Kanpur
road in India
. It contains a palace, a mosque
and other buildings, as well as a beautiful garden
. Alambagh was converted into a fort by rebels
in 1857. After the British defeated the rebels and took charge of the fort, it served as the military command center for Lucknow and the nearby towns.
Now it is a part of Lucknow city and is one of the important commercial centres.
Alambagh is towards the north-west end of Lucknow and serves as a common market place for surrounding villages. Farmers from nearby villages visit Alambagh every morning to whole sell vegetables and crops to distributors and local retailers, who in turn distribute the vegetables and crops to retailers throughout Lucknow city.
- Sindh Cloth House (chandan nagar market)
- Stamp Centre (sardari khera)
- Janta PCO (sardari khera)
- Namaskar textile (ramnagar)
- Subhash Sweet House (alambagh chouraha)
- Shivom restaurant (talkatora road)
- Pushpa Bajaj (teripulia)
- Oneup maruti showroom (shingar nagar)
- R.S. Hero Honda showroom (shingar nagar)
- Sadana Electronic (chandan nagar market)
- Satte Biryani (chandan nagar market)