Abu Dujan al-Afghani
(أبو دجان الأفغاني) is the purported military spokesman for Al-Qaida
. He first appeared in a videotape claiming responsibility for the March 11, 2004 Madrid attacks
a few days after the attacks.
This is a transcript of the videotaped message claiming al-Qaeda carried out the Madrid train bombings, as translated by the Associated Press:
- We declare our responsibility for what happened in Madrid exactly two-and-a-half years after the attacks on New York and Washington.
- It is a response to your collaboration with the criminals Bush and his allies.
- This is a response to the crimes that you have caused in the world, and specifically in Iraq and Afghanistan, and there will be more, if God wills it.
- You love life and we love death, which gives an example of what the Prophet Muhammad said.
- If you don't stop your injustices, more and more blood will flow and these attacks will seem very small compared to what can occur in what you call terrorism.
- This is a statement by the military spokesman for al-Qaeda in Europe, Abu Dujan al-Afghani.